Affordable Tires and Repair in Austin, TX
Over time, the rubber on your tires tends to wear down and eventually break entirely, and when that happens, you will need to buy a new set of tires. Getting the right set of tires for your vehicle is very important when it comes to keeping you safe and increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of your vehicle on the road. That’s why it is imperative to get a set of high-grade tires to ensure that you are getting the correct and highest quality tires to fit your vehicle.
Benefits of Getting a New Set of Tires
When you get a new set of tires, you will notice a few benefits that come along with them. Some of these include:
- Being able to put more power behind your vehicle
- Being able to accelerate at a faster pace
- Being able to take turns at higher speeds and with more control
- Being able to stop in a shorter amount of time
- And more!
When Is a Good Time to Get Tires Replaced?
There are different ways to tell when it is time to get a new set of wheels to put on your vehicle. Just a few examples of how to check are:
- Checking to see if the threads are worn down to less than a 1/16th of an inch (use tire-depth gauge)
- Checking the “thread wear bars” in between the treads to see if they are at an even height with the rest of the tread on your tires
- Checking for signs of dry rot
- Checking for cracks in the sidewall or tread of your tire
- Checking if your tires are over 10 years old
- And more!
If you run these checks and find any of these signs of wear and tear, then it is time to go shopping for a new set of tires. Make sure to find a shop that you can trust to have top-quality tires to fit your vehicle. Our service center at Onion Creek Volkswagen is one such auto service center in Austin, TX, and we service many vehicles from the San Marcos, Georgetown, and Westlake areas with the upmost care. We also offer multiple service specials on tires to save you some cash when you come in! So if you are in the market for high-quality tires, check out Onion Creek Volkswagen conveniently located at 10812 S IH 35 Frontage Rd, and if you have any questions, we are available to talk to at (844) 215-7971!